Have you ever been so high that you couldn’t feel your eyebrows, even when you physically touch them? If not, try smoking Moon Rocks and I guarantee you’ll get there. I recently smoked them for the first time ever, and two months later, I’m still unable to locate my facial features. (Worth it, by the way.)
What are Moon Rocks?
The origins of Moon Rocks are a bit fuzzy, but rumors abound that the dispensary Starbudz760 first concocted them, with legendary West Coast rapper Kurupt popularizing the product and trademarking his own version called Kurupt Moonrock.
Moon Rocks are a THC megazord—they’re essentially cannabis buds (historically GSC, but any strain suffices) dipped in or sprayed with hash oil, then rolled in kief.
How strong are Moon Rocks?
Though the potency of each batch of Moon Rocks varies and depends on how it’s made/who produces it, the general consensus is that they hover around 50% THC (most flower by itself averages around 20% THC).
Hitting Moon Rocks produces an extremely pleasant, terpene-rich taste of kief that makes you say, “Woooo, that’s delicious.” The smoke clouds produced are super big and full, so each hit is damn near its own experience.
And the high? Oh buddy, oh pal, don’t even get me started on the high. Starting in the head, and eventually spreading throughout the entire body down to your toes, a Moon Rocks high is one of those slow burns that you definitely feel at first, but 30 minutes later, you realize that you have reached a mountaintop that you may not have been ready to climb.
I smoked my gram of Moon Rocks at around 5 p.m., and when I woke up the next morning at 7 a.m., I was still on Mars waiting for the train back to Earth.
Pros and cons of smoking Moon Rocks
- They will get you super duper high.
- Cost effective—just like dabs, a little bit goes a long way.
- Great for medical patients or other folks who want a high dose of THC.
- They’re a fun novelty and good conversation-starter.
- They will get you super duper high (not always a good thing for everyone).
- They’re messy—most put them in glass; you can roll them in a joint or blunt, but don’t put them in a grinder.
- Keep them in a cool, dry place; you don’t want them getting all melty on you.
How to make your own Moon Rocks
Though Moon Rocks are commonly made with GSC flower and/or GSC concentrate, you can really make your own Moon Rocks however you’d like. All you need is the following:
- Your favorite strain/flower
- Your favorite concentrate/hash oil
- A big ol’ bowl of kief from the bottom of your grinder
- Some tongs (or any grabbing/pinching apparatus)
- A liquid dropper