Ladies, imagine if there was a natural cure that could relieve PMS symptoms and make your period a little more bearable. The solution is cannabis. Cannabis has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory characteristics that can aid in the relief of PMS symptoms. Keep reading to find out more about how this plant can help you feel better during that time of the month.
What is PMS?
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) is a collection of emotional and physical symptoms that a lot of women go through in the days or weeks before their period. It usually affects women between their late teenage years and early forties, who are of reproductive age. The root cause of PMS is presumed to be the changes in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle, which can impact the brain’s neurotransmitters, such as serotonin. As a result, PMS symptoms can be triggered.
Symptoms of PMS
Some common symptoms of PMS include:
How cannabis can help alleviate PMS symptoms
The cannabinoids in cannabis, such as THC and CBD, can interact with the ECS and potentially help alleviate PMS symptoms in the following ways:
- Pain relief: Cannabis has been shown to have pain-relieving properties, and can potentially help alleviate menstrual cramps, headaches, and other types of pain associated with PMS.
- Mood improvement: PMS can often cause mood swings, anxiety, and depression. Cannabis may help improve mood by increasing the levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain, which is associated with feelings of pleasure and happiness. THC may also help reduce anxiety and depression by activating certain receptors in the brain.
- Nausea relief: Cannabis has been used for its antiemetic properties, which can help reduce nausea and vomiting. This may be helpful for women who experience nausea as a PMS symptom.
Different cannabis products and how they can be used for PMS relief
There are several different cannabis products that women can use to alleviate PMS symptoms. These products include:
- Cannabis flower: Cannabis flower can be smoked or vaporized for immediate pain relief.
- Edibles: Edibles are a popular option for women who want to avoid smoking. Edibles can take longer to take effect, but they can provide longer-lasting pain relief.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are liquid extracts that are taken orally. They can be added to food or drinks or taken directly under the tongue for faster absorption.
- Topicals: Cannabis-infused topicals, such as creams or balms, can be applied directly to the skin for localized pain relief.
When using cannabis for PMS relief, it’s important to start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed. It’s also important to choose a product with a balanced ratio of THC and CBD, as too much THC can cause unwanted psychoactive effects.
PMS can be a difficult and uncomfortable time for many women, but cannabis can offer a natural and effective way to alleviate symptoms. Whether you choose to smoke, eat, or apply it topically, cannabis can provide pain relief and help stabilize your mood during that time of the month. Just remember to start with a low dose and choose a product with a balanced ratio of THC and CBD. With the right cannabis product, you can finally find relief from those pesky PMS symptoms. Visit Budcargo.net online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.