In this stress-filled world, meditation is a powerful tool that can help you reduce stress and lead to a deep state of relaxation. And while that’s definitely one of the benefits of meditation, it can also help improve your focus and concentration.
Recent studies have shown that CBD can help enhance your meditation practice, allowing you to achieve a deeper state of relaxation and mindfulness. So if you’re looking for a way to take your meditation to the next level, consider adding CBD to your routine. Check out this article for more information on how to get started.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. While the most well-known cannabinoid THC can cause psychoactive effects including hyperactivity, euphoria, and increased appetite, CBD can produce therapeutic effects without making you high.
CBD interacts with our bodies via the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Cannabinoids produced by our bodies can activate the ECS by binding to its receptors to regulate and control key bodily functions – including learning and memory, emotional processing, sleep, temperature control, pain control, inflammatory and immune responses, and eating.
External cannabinoids like CBD can also interact with these receptors. Unlike THC, CBD tends to gently activate the ECS and helps your body become balanced and relaxed.
Types of CBD
- Full-spectrum CBD contains all compounds found in cannabis plants including CBD and all other cannabinoids along with terpenes, flavonoids, and minerals. Because all naturally occurring compounds in cannabis work together to enhance the health benefits of CBD, full-spectrum CBD can be more effective than other types of CBD. This synergic effect of cannabis compounds is called the “entourage effect.” However, full-spectrum products can still make you feel intoxicated due to the THC even though it is only present in a trace amount (less than 0.3%).
- Broad-spectrum CBD also contains terpenes, flavonoids, and all the cannabinoids except THC. If you want to benefit from the whole cannabis plant without worrying about THC accumulation in your system, broad-spectrum may be your choice.
- CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD. It contains no other cannabinoids or compounds found in cannabis. Though it is the most potent and concentrated CBD product (up to 90%), it isn’t necessarily effective due to the lack of the entourage effect. CBD isolates are ideal for cooking because they tend to be free of earthy flavour of regular CBD.
How CBD Can Enhance Meditation
Both CBD and meditation are known to have a wide variety of health benefits.
Benefits of CBD include:
- Relieves anxiety and depression
- Relieves chronic pain
- Improves sleep quality
- Helps balance immune system
- Alleviates side effects of cancer treatment
Benefits of meditation include:
- Restores energy
- Increases self-awareness
- Boosts your creativity
- Sharpens focus
- Improves cardiovascular health
CBD and meditation are effective on their own. However, when combined, they can help improve your overall health and well-being more effectively. CBD comes in many different forms: oil, tinctures, capsules, topicals, and edibles. It is best to take CBD before meditation for optimal performance, but the timing depends on the type of CBD products you are going to take.
Though vaping CBD offers quick, potent effects, another fast, easy way is to consume CBD sublingually with a tincture that can be dropped under your tongue and absorbed directly into the bloodstream. The onset period is approximately 15 – 60 minutes after consumption.
Ingesting a CBD capsule or edible usually takes longer for the effects to kick in (25 – 90 minutes) because they need to be digested before entering the bloodstream. Similarly, applying CBD topicals has a longer onset time up to 90 minutes.
If you’re looking for a way to take your meditation experience to the next level, then CBD is what you need. Give this combination a try and share your experience with us in the comments!
Budcargo.net offers a great selection of CBD products to meet your needs and preferences. If you have questions about any of our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help.