Did you know that cannabis has the ability to not only relieve pain, but also help re-build injured muscles? It’s no secret that cannabis is used throughout the world to relieve pain, stimulate appetite, and combat nausea. But did you know that it can also help with muscle aches? In this blog post we will be going over how to relieve muscle aches naturally with cannabis. Read on to learn more about how using cannabis can help you get back into your regular routine sooner rather than later.
What are Muscle Aches?
Muscle aches are painful and swollen muscle tissues. In the body, muscles are what drive movement. When muscles ache, it’s usually because the muscles have been injured, causing them to become sore. The most common sources of muscle aches are overexertion, poor posture, poor lifting technique, and incorrect exercise. Some medical conditions that may cause muscle aches are arthritis, fibromyalgia, and infections. They can also be a sign of other medical issues that require medical attention, including psychiatric disorders, diabetes, and thyroid issues.
What causes muscle aches?
Muscles are bound together by connective tissue, and they often get sore when they’re injured, overworked, or not given enough time to rest. Often times, you’re not even aware that you’re hurting yourself until you feel a bit of discomfort. Most of the time, aches and pains are caused by an underlying problem that requires medical attention. During a prolonged period of physical inactivity, muscles lose their ability to contract. This is known as muscle atrophy, and it can occur if you don’t stretch or use them.
How can you relieve muscle aches with cannabis?
There are many different ways to use cannabis to relieve muscle aches. Some of the most common methods of cannabis use for muscle aches include topical application, vaping, and edibles. Let’s take a closer look at each.
- Topical Application – Cannabis can be applied as a topical to relieve muscle aches. There are a few different methods of using cannabis topically for pain management, such as using a topical salve or tincture, applying a topical vape, or using a topical cream or balm.
- Vaping – Vaping is one of the most effective ways to consume cannabis. It allows you to consume large amounts of cannabinoids in a very small amount of time. The vaporization method allows all of the cannabinoids to be released into the bloodstream through the lungs, meaning they are immediately available to be distributed throughout the body.
- Edibles – If you’re looking for a potent and quick way to consume cannabinoids, edibles are perfect. When consumed orally, the cannabinoids are absorbed through the digestive system, finally reaching the bloodstream and the cells of the body.
Tips for Using Cannabis for Muscle Soreness
It’s important to note that although cannabis can be used for the treatment of pain, it’s not a cure-all. It won’t just instantly make your pain go away, you will have to do your part in treating the pain and getting back to a regular routine as quickly as possible. Below we’ve outlined a few tips for using cannabis for muscle soreness that can help you get the most out of your experience.
- Keep track of your consumption schedule – Tracking your consumption schedule can help you better gauge your tolerance to different cannabinoids. Using different strains or methods of consumption can help you determine what’s best for you.
- Consume slowly and steadily – One of the most important things to keep in mind while consuming cannabinoids is to consume slowly and steadily. Be sure to maintain a steady intake of cannabinoids so that you don’t experience any negative side effects such as impaired motor function or cognitive function.
- Drink water – One of the most important things to keep in mind when consuming cannabinoids is to stay hydrated. Consuming cannabinoids in a dehydrated state has been shown to cause you to become more easily fatigued. So sticking to consuming plenty of water can help keep you from becoming too fatigued.
- Take breaks – Taking regular breaks when consuming cannabinoids can help you from developing a “cannabinoid crash” where you experience significantly impaired motor function and cognitive function.
- Consume before bed – One of the most effective ways to consume cannabinoids is to consume them before bed. Your body has been resting while you’ve been sleeping, so it’s going to be much more receptive to absorbing cannabinoids than if you were consuming them while awake.
When there’s pain, there’s pain. But with the right strains, and some new tactics, you can get back to your regular routine sooner than you think. With a few adjustments to your lifestyle and diet, you can relieve your muscle aches with cannabis. Make sure to use only high-quality cannabis that is free of contaminants like pesticides and bacteria. You also want to take care when consuming it to prevent any sort of injury. Use both THC and CBD strains to get the most out of your treatment. If you are interested in trying cannabis, visit Budcargo.net online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.