Buying cannabis can be daunting for those who have never done it before. After all, it’s a lot more than just finding the right strain or dispensary. There are so many aspects of buying cannabis that people new to the space don’t realize until they try to do it on their own. The good news? It gets easier the more you do it! You will get a better sense of how to find what you like and avoid what you don’t as you continue your exploration into this exciting new world. To help you take that first step, we have outlined several helpful tips on how to successfully buy your first gram and beyond.
Know the Lingo
Before you even get to the point of actually trying to buy cannabis, you should have a basic understanding of the lingo surrounding the product itself. There are a few terms and phrases that should be familiar to you before you go out to buy.
- Pure – A cannabis extract that is 99% or higher in cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Concentrate – A cannabis extract that is 60% or higher in cannabinoids but less than 99% in terpenes.
- Hash – A cannabis concentrate that is primarily a plant isolate.
- Weed – A general term for cannabis.
- Buds – The flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant.
- Sativa/Indica – Indica strains are primarily used for pain while sativas are predominantly used for mood, creativity, and happiness.
- CBD/THC – These are the two most well-known cannabinoids that make up the plant. There are many more cannabinoids in the plant that can be found in varying amounts.
- Hybrid – Hybrid strains are a combination of two different cannabis plants that have been bred together to create a new strain. Hybrid strains can be either indica/sativa or indica/indica.
- Genetics – The genetic makeup of a strain can vary from strain to strain, making it difficult to pinpoint the specific origin.
Decide What You’ll Need
Before you head out to buy your first gram, it’s important to know what you’ll be using it for. Some people prefer to buy an ounce at a time so they can try a few different strains and find the one they like. If that sounds like something you’d like to do, an ounce will be more than enough to get you started. However, if you’d like to try smaller batches, you’ll want to start with a quarter or even a tenth. These are the perfect sizes for trying out new strains, finding out what you like and experimenting with different recipes.
Know Where to Shop
You’ll want to make sure that you choose a reliable shop to buy your cannabis from. There are a few things you’ll want to keep an eye out for to help you choose a reliable shop. Make sure to also look out for reviews from other buyers to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. A good rule of thumb is to always choose a shop that is high in reviews over a shop that is low in reviews. You can save money by shopping at online dispensaries such as Bud Cargo because they operate with lower overhead costs than traditional brick and mortar stores.
Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help
At first, buying cannabis may feel a little intimidating, but don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are many people who are eager to help new cannabis consumers learn more about the product. You can also consider joining a cannabis club and meeting other people who share your passion. Many cannabis clubs are open to members of all ages and backgrounds. You can find cannabis clubs based on your location and interests, such as sports or cannabis culture.
Buying your first gram can be a daunting experience. However, with the right knowledge and tips, you’ll find that it’s much easier than you think. Before you head out to buy your first gram, make sure you know what you’ll be using it for, where you’ll be buying it from and what you’ll be doing with it once you get it home. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy your first purchase with ease. Check out Budcargo.net online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.