Cannabis has been used for centuries as a medicine and remedy. More recently, its therapeutic properties have been discovered. Research is ongoing to understand the various benefits of medical cannabis, and it’s hoped that it can be used as an alternative treatment for some illnesses. Evidence suggests that cannabinoids found in cannabis such as cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other trace compounds may have several medical benefits. Cannabinoids seem to be especially helpful when it comes to fighting depression and anxiety. If you are struggling with the blues or feel down in the dumps more often than not, then read on for information about how cannabis can help with your depression symptoms.
What is Depression?
Depression is a serious mood disorder characterized by feelings of sadness, unhappiness, and a decreased interest in activities that were once enjoyed. For many people, depression is a persistent issue that can even lead to suicide. There is no single cause for depression and people with it can vary in symptoms depending on where they are in their life.
Symptoms of Depression
- You feel down and out
- Lack of interest in activities that were once enjoyed
- Feeling of hopelessness
- No interest in things that used to be enjoyed
- Crying a lot
- Feeling restless
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased appetite
- Weight loss
- Low energy
These are just some of the symptoms of depression and it’s important to keep them in mind when experiencing them. If you notice these symptoms in yourself or a loved one, it’s important to seek help immediately.
Benefits of Medical Cannabis for Depression
- Has an Anti-Depressant Effect – Studies suggest that CBD, a chemical in cannabis, has an anti-depressant effect.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety – Medical cannabis and CBD have been found to reduce stress and anxiety, making it a useful treatment for those who deal with high levels of these things. Research has found that CBD could be especially helpful for anxiety and depression that is related to social situations, such as a job interview or exams.
- Improves Sleep – Many people with depression suffer with sleep issues or a reduced quality of sleep. Research suggests that people that use CBD see improvements in their sleep. This could be a helpful addition to existing treatment plans that focus on improving sleep.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties – Research suggests that cannabinoids such as CBD have anti-inflammatory properties that could be helpful in treating depression and anxiety.
How to Use Cannabis to Help With Depression
It’s essential that you find the right strain, strength and method of use to treat your condition. There are several key factors you need to consider when choosing a strain and method of cannabis use.
- Strain – Research has shown that certain strains of cannabis can have a better effect on certain people. Specifically, strains high in CBD have been found to be most effective in treating depression.
- Strength – It is recommended that you start with a low dose, and gradually increase it over time.
- Method – Smoking cannabis is the most common method of use, but you can also consume CBD in other forms such as edibles and topicals.
Cannabis has been grown for medical and recreational purposes for thousands of years, and more recently it has been found to hold many benefits for mental health. It can be used to treat a range of issues, such as anxiety, depression, insomnia and more. Certain strains of cannabis have been found to be especially helpful for treating these issues, and it can be used in a number of different ways. Visit Budcargo.net online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.